Tuesday, October 30, 2012

HOORAH FOR MICHELLE MADOW!


So guys, I finished Timeless, the final installment of the Trancend Time Saga.
I gotta say guys, after reading Vengence, I was pretty much dying to read this book. And it did NOT disappoint.

As far as my taste in books go, I'm not typically a fan of fantasy type stuff. However, every once in awhile a book or series will inch it's way into my heart. And this was one of them.

Michelle's utilization of 'common' language makes her books seem like they're being told from one friend to another without being overly complicated. There's no unnecessary information and everything is sort of straight to the point, which I ALWAYS appreciate in an author.

In regards to the whole series in general, I really enjoyed the slight romantic aspect. It's romantic without being overly cheesy and I really appreciated Lizzy as the heroine. I know that at first I thought that she was annoying and rude but once I realized that you can't fight fate, I decided she was alright.

As you know from my reviews of her last two books, the story revolves around the main character, Lizzy Davenport (who, granted, was not my favorite. But she ended up growing on me). Lizzy's seemingly uncomplicated life is thrown into chaos when Drew Carmichael transfers to her highschool. She feels connected to him deeply despite the fact that he is dating her best friend, Chelsea (formerly my favorite character of the series, but not anymore), and despite the fact that she has a long standing boyfriend.

Seems totally typical of any other YA novel, right?
Wrong.
Because Lizzy and Drew ARE meant to be. They shared a past life together...in Regency Era England! Lizzy's untimely death tore them apart then, but fate wants them back together again.

However, as we know from Vengence, Chelsea is REALLY mad about the whole "You stole my boyfriend" thing, so she accidentally puts a curse on Lizzy which she doesn't realize will eventually kill her. That's where book #2 ends.

NOW TO TIMELESS.

Lizzy and Drew are offically together now. Chelsea is still not on speaking terms with Lizzy and is being really lame about the whole situation. (Side note, ladies, holding grudges like this is NOT HEALTHY). Lizzy is under the impression that she and Drew have escaped their tragic past and therefore have escaped her untimely death. However, Chelsea has thrown a wrench into this whole situation.

Lizzy's happiness is cut short when she becomes aware of a dark energy surrounding her. She's attacked by birds, pictures of her fall off of the wall, and she has a general feeling of eerieness.
In order to put things right, Lizzy and Drew have to time travel back to Regency Era England to ensure that Lizzy does not die. The thing is....Chelsea has to go. It was a little awkward, but Chelsea was able to put her anger aside after discovering that she put her former best friend's life in danger.

All in all, the book had some pretty great twists, particularly towards the end. For something inspired by a Taylor Swift song, Michelle has really come up with a great series. I would have to rate this book as an 8/10 and the series in general an 8/10 as well. I look forward to what Michelle will produce in the future and I am SO SAD that this adventure is over. I felt as though I had to wait so long for this book to come out and now it's just done! Luckily, I can re-read them time and time again. I guess the book is just TIMELESS that way, eh guys? (I know, cheesy book puns are the worst.)

The book will not be released for purchase until November 20th, but I was lucky enough to recieve an early copy for review. I hope that you guys will give the series a shot because it is really, really great.

THANK YOU FOR READING!

No comments:

Post a Comment