Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sisterhood Everlasting

So, I finished this book in record time, wouldn't you say? I'm rather proud of myself. But it's hard to put down a book that is so much a part of yourself that you have a hard time remembering whether or not your life is here or if it's there.

Like I said yesterday, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series was MY THING from the 6th grade and forward. My mom bought the book for me around the time the first movie came out and I was infatuated with it. It was so believable and the characters were so dimensional that it was impossible not to feel their emotions along with them.

I bought each book in the series as it came out. But somehow, I never heard about the release of Sisterhood Everlasting.

This book picks up with the Septemers when they're around 28ish years old. Carmen is now a size 0 actress, Lena is living on her own in an apartment teaching art classes 4 days a week, Brigette is kind of all over the place, and Tibby? Well, Tibby is a mystery.

All I can say about this book is it is not for the faint of heart. If you were a die hard fan of the series, it is a must read. But if you've never read the series I must implore you not to read this book until you read the previous books to gain background knowledge.

I feel as though this book made me so emotional because the girls have been a part of my life for nearly 8 years. This was my series. These books were a part of nearly every road trip, vacation, and summer of my life. Sometimes it was hard to tell when reality ended and the Septembers began.

Maybe I'm being a little dramatic, but I think not.
I'm just sayin' it how it is.

I don't want to give away much about the book, because things start getting emotional from the beginning. I most certainly will be ordering a hard copy of the book since it is one of those books you want to physically hold in your hands.

ANYWAYYYYY.

I'm starting Where the Heart Is by Billie Letts next. I'll review it sometime this week. :)

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL OF YOU AMAZING MOTHER'S OUT THERE! <3

2 comments:

  1. Great review!I might have time to read this in a few weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read this book, and i must say your review was splendid :') I loved this book, actually, i read it twice!

    ReplyDelete