Monday, May 21, 2012

Short. And. To. The. Point.

So I believe I last left you when I started Where the Heart Is by Billie Letts. Like I may have mentioned before, the movie based on this book is one of my all time favorites. (By the way, guess what I'm watching right now?)

Without going too far into things, the main character is Novalee Nation. She's a seventeen year old girl from the south who made the bad choice of procreating with a good for nothing slime bucket named Willy Jack Pickens. This bad choice is made obvious when Willy Jack abandons Novalee, who is nearly 7 months pregnant, at a Walmart in a town far from her home.

Basically, life is hard for Novalee, but remarkably full of whimsy.

I would recommend this book to anyone. (And the movie, which is on watch instantly on Netflix!)

Shortest review ever, right?

I'm sorry. Like I said I'm in the middle of watching a movie so I don't want to do anything too in depth.

At the moment, I'm reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. This book is already proving to be a favorite of mine. It's hard to put it down. After I finish that, I am starting The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin which is a book I've been dying to read for months.

So, needless to say, I will be getting absolutely nothing done for the rest of the week. Oh well.

I hope everyone is well and powering through the rest of the school year! Which is the exact opposite of what I'm doing.
BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment