Monday, May 28, 2012

Bribery.

Do you want to know a little secret?
I'm using bribery to write this blog.
With what am I bribing myself with?
The opportunity to pee.
That's right, I'm not letting myself pee until I have a substantial post written.

Not because I dislike writing these, but because I am lazy.

So, I drank two bottles of water, and waited until I had to use the bathroom.
Then I started typing.

So I last left off with Where the Heart Is. Good book, loved it. Excellent.

And then I said "Blah blah blah, I'm reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Blah blah, pretty good."

OMG GUYS THAT BOOK WAS SO GOOD. So good, in fact, I had to just get so totally 8th grade on you and say OMG and then proceed to type in all caps.

I loved the book. It was so full of whimsy and cliff hangers and awesome that I almost died. True story.

No sooner did I finish reading the book did I google the author's name, Ransom Riggs. I clicked on his blog. I read the first post. And I discovered that he recently sold the rights to turn this glorious book into a movie to none other.


Than.



TIM BURTON AKA MY FAVORITE DIRECTOR EVER.

True story.

I died twice.

This little tidbit of information nearly made me sing with joyful glee.
(One can only hope that Helena Bonham Carter will play Miss Peregrine. However, I'm not sure my heart could handle it.)

So now, I'm reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer. I'm so excited to have this book in my hands! I've wanted to read it for years and I found a woman selling it for $5 at a rummage sale. SCORE.

That's all I have to say. I have to pee very bad now.

BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment