Saturday, May 12, 2012

Guess who's baaaaack?

Oh my goodness, it HAS been a long time, hasn't it? Almost a month. I apologize for my absense. As always, I shall use school as my excuse. I have been reading as much as usual, but not anything new. I've read The Help (again) Water for Elephants (again) Thirteen Reasons Why (again, and I can't remember if I reviewed this book. If not, PLEASE DO YOURSELF THE BIGGEST FAVOR EVER AND READ IT) Also, last weekend was prom, and every girl knows that means I was in a mad bustle to get things done. Boys just wake up on prom day and throw on a suit. It took me two weeks of preparation to get ready.

So. What is new?
Well, I saw Dark Shadows last night and practically died because it was so good. It had a few of my favorite things ever.
1. Johnny Depp
2. Tim Burton
3. Johnny Depp
4. Helena Bonham Carter
5. Johnny Depp
6. Humor
7. Johnny Depp
8. Vampires
And did I mention Johnny Depp? I sincerely plan on buying this movie when it comes out on DVD.

So back to books. I currently have 2 books on my Kindle that want to be read and read FAST.
The first is Where the Heart Is by Billie Letts. I can safely say I've watched the movie this novel is based on HUNDREDS OF TIMES IN MY LIFE. It is me and my mom's favorite movie and in one summer alone we can watch the movie 10+ times without ever getting tired of it.

The second book is Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares. Because the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series was my favorite series (next to Harry Potter, of course) when I was a preteen. Ann Brashares and Judy Bloom are the authors that every girl in middle school and up need to read to learn about what life is REALLY like. So when I discovered that there was another book in the series, I nearly peed my pants. I've never been so excited about a book.

Now the question is...which one to read first?
I hope you all are well, and I'll be back sometime this week to let you know how the reading is going.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND KISS ALL OF YOUR AWESOME MOTHER FIGURES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment