Sunday, April 1, 2012

Mr. Mittens

I refuse to apologize for my absense. No, I will not do it.

I have 6 classes and aproximately 9 years of homework every night. You do the math.

I have no time for frivolities like reading, especially the last two weeks because my teachers really like to lay things on thick before spring break. I feel like most teachers become teachers so they can torture children and make them want to cry.

So what have I been up to, if I haven't been reading?
Well. I've been dissecting cats.

WHAT?!

That's right. I dissect cats now. Or a cat. A black cat that my lab partners named Mr. Mittens. (I had no hand in this, I think naming things you are going to cut up and study is sadistic and weird.) Non-the-less, until the end of this quarter, AKA the end of Junior year, I will be dissecting this cat. I have already participated in the removal of the cat's skin and fur. And while the saying may go, "There is more than one way to skin a cat", as far as my teacher is concerned, there is just one way. His way. And I can't imagine why that saying came to be. Was it invented by frustrated anatomy students, fed up with their proffessors micromanaging their every move in the science lab? Did they finally lose their cool and shake their fist at the oh-so-mighty teacher? This is what I like to think.

I may sound completely unfazed by the fact that I am butchering an animal that many people consider a member of their family, but this is untrue. In fact, the first two days I came in contact with my 'cat' (it's more of a mountain lion, and roughly the size of a large german shepard), I cried like a baby. In fact, I cried as if I were dissecting my own cat.
The only thing that helped me to cope was a short story. A short story I wrote. It's all about a cat...named Mr. Mittens. He was born in a filthy ally in the rough streets of LA. His mother was a Kitty prostetute. His father was a cat burgeler. He grew up to become a hardened criminal, and he murdered a family of 7 squirrels in cold blood. He was eventually given the lethal injection and his body was donated to science. I know, silly. But it makes me feel less bad about what I'm doing.

I think that's enough for one day. Since it is now spring break, hopefully I'll be able to read and review again. I have a ton of homework however, so we shall see.

Have a great day!!

2 comments:

  1. :-( dissecting cats! oh no..
    but i do know where your coming from when you say you have no time because of school. im in exactly the same boat. i dont even know what im doing here, i should be studying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a silly, bright and frightening girl.

    ReplyDelete