Monday, April 9, 2012

Lemon Cake? Sad? Bah.

I must quickly review an amazing book I read last week for spring break. It's the kind of book you always keep with you.

The book is called The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender. It is so poetic. I know, using the word poetic to describe a book is slightly pretentious. But I assure you it is true. It was beautiful and awesome.

It starts with an 8 year old girl named Rose whom, on her 9th birthday, discovers that she can taste feelings in food. That is, when she's eating food, she can taste the emotions of whoever made the food. It's difficult to describe, but long story short it's amazing. From the first page it drew me in and I fell in love. I would recommend this book a thousand times over. Take my word for it and read it.

I'm sorry this review sucks. I'm really tired. It was my first day back at school from spring break and quite honestly, it's a miracle that I'm still awake.


Please read this book. It will bring you wonder and happiness and joy.

There. I've said it all in 13 words. Now do it.

1 comment:

  1. Just five more weeks until I have the free time to read some of the books you have recommended :)

    ReplyDelete