Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Still a Better Love Story than Twilight

As you all know, I recently started reading the book, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith. Let me just say that, no, I haven't finished the book. I am taking my sweet time. I waited until I was exactly 50% through the book before I wrote this. I NEVER blog about a book until I have completed it, therefore I can get all of my thoughts into one blog without getting all over the place.

I like organization. (Ask my mom about this and she'll say that I am the farthest thing from organized. I guess I should rephrase and say that I like organized writing. It's my thing.)

But, alas, I could not wait a single day more to express to you my complete and utter infatuation with this book. IF I COULD MARRY IT, I WOULD. True story.

I knew after I read the first paragraph that this book would suck me in. I knew I would not make it to the book's end before I shared my love of it with you. So, as I often do, I recorded some notes in my Justice League legal pad to better organize my thoughts. So, I will write them, as they are, for you. If there is any confusion, fear not. I will explain things to the best of my ability when I finish the novel completely. :) If you have any questions, PLEASE COMMENT. I want to answer questions about this book. I want to go to Hawaii on a romantic honeymoon with this book. I'll answer all your questions, plus some.

FROM THE SACRED JUSTICE LEAGUE LEGAL PAD OF KAYLA JOY:
-Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter...written by the same guy who wrote Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Interesting.
-I was expecting a comedy. This is not a comedy.
-Captivating from the start...don't even want to look away to take these notes. And knowing I'll have to to go to my next class in a few minutes has me in a panic. TOO. MUCH. HOMEWORK. NOT. ENOUGH. BOOK TIME.
-"In this sad world of ours, sorrow comes to all; and, to the young, it comes with the bitterest agony, because it takes them unawares." -Abraham Lincoln
-Made out to be a completely true story. I believe it. WOW.
-Historically accurate information.
-Infant mortality rate was 10% in the early 1800s.
-"I hereby resolve to kill every vampire in America."
-POST PICS TO BLOG! (Don't worry, I'm getting there.
-This book is truly amazing. It ties strange and true events in history back to vampires. Example: the disappearance of the Roanoke settlers. OMG I LOVE THIS BOOOOK.
-Henry...is Henry...DUH.
-Edgar Allan Poe is in this freakin book. YESSS!!!
-Poe's poems came from a better understanding of darknesss and life beyond death, thanks to Guy de Vere (see poem: Lenore) who was a vampire.
-And, Guy De Vere, hast thou no tear? -weep now or never more!
-"So long as this country is cursed with slavery, so too will it be cursed with vampires."

these are my initial unedited thoughts from this book. I am so unbelievably in love. (STILL a better love story than Twilight, might I add).

I'll end with a photo from the book, and then I must go off, into the wonderous unknowns of the Kindle world. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment