Sunday, March 4, 2012

Divergent

Hi guys! Sorry it took so long to get back. I know I said I'd have Divergent reviewed by Wednesday but school was crazy this week. I had a hefty number of Anatomy assignments due by Friday and as usual I procrastinated, thus immensly increasing my stress. But I'm here now! And I'm ready to review Divergent.

It was amaaaazing! Think The Hunger Games mixed with The Giver. It is impossible to explain how amazing this book was. I mean...wow. Thank you, SAGIE POO, for recommending this book to me.

How it's like The Hunger Games:
1. The government is corrupt.
2. The main character is an extremely brave female.
3. There is a hot guy. A really hot guy. I mean, I don't know what he looks like, but I'm pretty sure he's hot.

How it's like The Giver:
1. When the main character of the book reaches a certain age, she has to choose a 'Faction' (I'll explain later). Jonah was assigned a career in The Giver. He didn't get a choice but it was a very similar process.
2. There is a complication for both Jonah and Tris, something that makes them special. Wink Wink.

Factions: Factions are difficult to explain. I'll do my best.
Abnegation values selflessness.
Candor values honesty
Dauntless values bravery
Erudite values intelligence
Amity values peace

Basically, Beatrice was born into the Abnegation faction. But, at the age of 16, each person is given an aptitude test that will tell them the faction they will best fit into. But, if they disagree, they can decide to pick any faction they want. The problem is, Beatrice is what they call a Divergent. She can fit into many factions. This is implied to be dangerous, but you don't find out why until later in the book.

I can't really say much more without giving anything away, but I can IMPLORE you to read this book. It was too good to be true. I wasn't sure I would like it, but I really did. I will read it again. It is the first of a proposed triliogy that is just as promising as The Hunger Games. :) I hope I've persuaded at least a few people to give this book a shot, because I'm really glad I did. :)

I'm starting Remembrance by Michelle Madow next and I'll review that as soon as possible!
Bye!

Divergent Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment