Sunday, February 26, 2012

Birthday Stuff and Wreck This Journal

Hello friends! Sorry it's been so long. My birthday was Thursday and every day after that was just busy. So what's new? I'm reading a pretty awesome book called Divergent by Veronica Roth that one of my best friends recommended to me. I'm not going to lie, it's pretty awesome. After I've finished Divergent, I'm moving on to a book called Remembrance by Michelle Madow. It's $0.99 until April on eReaders. Miss Madow came to my school Friday and talked to us about her book, and it seemed too interesting to pass up for the price.

Other than that, my birthday was really great. I got a really sweet engraved journal from my boyfriend, a nerf gun, journal, and yoyo from my best friend, and money from my parents and grandparents. Which I've spent on, wait for it, an excess of Lalaloopsy dolls. They are my obsession and I started collecting them around Christmas. I'll post a picture of them at the end of this post. :)

Other than those gifts, I got a Wreck This Journal. I am beyond obsessed with it for a few reasons. First, since I finished my Smash Book, I didn't have anything creative to do. Second, it really helps me when I have Writers block. My biggest problem when I write is worrying about ruining a piece. However, the purpose of a WTJ is to ruin it! So after I go through a few pages, I start to feel better and can write better quality things than I could before. Lastly, it's just super fun! With pages like "Pour your coffee on this page" and "Rub dirt on this page", it's interesting to see how you can make those things look nice. Which I know isn't the point, but I think that if you just do what the pages say, it's too easy. Trying to make those things look good is the hard part.

Well, I hope you all are well! I'll be reviewing Divergent by the middle of the week, so look out for that.
 :)
Bye!
--Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment